I made my first quota today with 2,276 words, which was about half of the opening prologue for the novel. I would have done more but I had to take care of some business in the middle of the day, which derailed me a bit. I also forgot to keep track of my time or set up a wordcounter anywhere, but I'll take care of that tomorrow.
Rather than post my work here on the blog (which wouldn't allow me to show tracked changes) I've uploaded both versions of what I wrote today in .pdf format to my Google Docs account, and here are the links:
For the most part I think my beginning is just okay, but I'm not going to obsess over it. More often than not I usually dislike the beginnings of my books and (once I've finished the manuscript) often rewrite them altogether. For now this will do.
Labels: NaNoWriMo 2012, Taken by Night